Things to do
Surrounded by areas of protected wetlands there is a relaxed holiday atmosphere in Cabarita.
For the kids there is the new Skate Park just 3 minutes away or the learn to surf school & kayak hire at Hastings Point – 5 minutes away. Across the road is the Headland Park with BBQ and picnic areas and uninterrupted views over the ocean; whale-watching is a local pastime.
The beach is renowned for its surfing and with it’s long beach is perfect for evening or morning strolls. The village boasts the only beachside hotel in the Tweed Shire with both residents and visitors being able to eat and drink within a short distance of the main beach. The surf club has ocean views from the deck whilst you enjoy a drink or a meal .Come to visit and enjoy the special ambience this setting provides.
A little further afield finds a great array of activities including
- See the sunrise at the top of Mount Warning
- Follow a culinary safari through the Tweed Valley
- Get up close and personal with visiting humpbacks on a whale watching cruise (June-Nov)
- Learn to surf, kayak, canoe, dive and stand-up paddleboard
- Meet local artists in galleries and studios hidden in the Tweed Valley
Below is a map showing many of the areas attractions.